Tag: 贵族宝贝Z

Union City Police Officer passes away suddenly

first_img× The department is “in a little bit of shock” over Fernendez’s passing, Luster added, calling it “completely unexpected.” Fernandez’s final assignment before he passed was working the department’s motorcycle unit, which Luster called “his favorite assignment.” He leaves behind a wife and two children. A memorial service for Fernandez is in the planning stages. Watch next week’s newspaper for more information. UNION CITY — The Union City Police Department is mourning the loss of a veteran officer who suddenly died Monday evening. Officer Ricardo “Ricky” Fernandez, 48, suffered an undisclosed “medical emergency” at his Old Bridge home, Police Captain Nichelle Luster said today. Fernandez had 24 years on the job, having graduated from the police academy in 1993.“[He was] just an amazing guy,” Luster said. “Truly a gentleman. He embodied everything that we expect of our officers–kind, compassionate, respectful, professional.” last_img read more

0.125 percent sales tax overcharges and other shocks to the system!

first_imgERIC GARRISON To the Editor:On Jan. 1, 2017, the sales tax rate was reduced from 7 percent to a new rate of 6.875 percent. Problem is, most businesses are still charging the old rate. This is especially troublesome for big- ticket items and fixed income families.In the next few weeks, I will be writing on other tax rip-off items as well. One subject will be water and sewage surcharges. There’s only one water meter in the building. Trouble is, I live by myself, above a successful restaurant. Get the picture? According to the city of Hoboken both the restaurant and myself are supposed to be paying the same amount $23.24 per month.To complete the trifecta, I will be writing about property tax for residential and mixed-use buildings. Currently, I am having audio CDs from a rent-leveling hearing date on Oct. 26, 2016 transcribed. A sneak preview description would be “jaw dropping.” Wait a second, did somebody just say “class-action lawsuit?”To resolve any problem you’re having with the sales tax, call 1 (609) 262-6400 or visit www.njtaxation.org and ask for refund claim form A-3730. Yes, you will need your receipt with the offending 7 percent on it. By the way, tell these stores to get with the program!last_img read more